Having a group of friends online to play with can make you enjoy the title even more and may be a requirement for some online and multiplayer activities. For some multiplayer games, not having a party can prevent you from fully enjoying the game.
Fortunately, Xbox One and Series X|S come with a Party Finder feature that can help ensure you always have a party to enjoy your favorite Xbox multiplayer games.
So what is Xbox Party Finder and how to find parties for multiplayer games on Xbox? We will learn.
Why Use Party Finder on Xbox?
Since most games include compatibility features for online play on Xbox, you may be wondering why you need to use the party finder feature on Xbox, let alone what the feature includes or how to use it.
However, there are a number of scenarios where the Xbox party finder feature is a boon for online multiplayer gaming, especially games or game modes that require Xbox parties to play. Some of the most common reasons you might need to use this feature are:
- For games like Destiny 2 that include Xbox Party chat and complex multiplayer modes like raids that require intense cooperation and planning.
- For games that do not support customization for online multiplayer or dedicated multiplayer modes such as Stardew Valley.
- For games that require additional features that joining players should be aware of, such as Seasonal play in Diablo III.
If any of these reasons to use party finder are useful or suitable for multiplayer games you want to play, party finder on Xbox can solve your problems.
What is the Party Finder feature on Xbox?
Before you know how to use this feature to start finding parties online to play multiplayer games on Xbox, you need to know what the find party feature is on Xbox One or X|S series consoles.
The group search feature on Xbox allows you to join or create social messages for any specific game on Xbox to find or join other players in the game you want. Using the find groups feature, you can join a pre-existing social message to find online players or create your own game and wait for people to join.
While joining a previous social message may be the fastest way to find players for the multiplayer game you want to play, if you create your own social message, you can tailor it to your multiplayer needs in the following ways:
- you can set Day and Time to start the party which position you want to be active.
- you can set Players were needed for your multiplayer game.
- you can change send at to decide whether the message will be posted on the Xbox network or on your friends list.
- You can set the option Language you want existing online players to be able to talk.
It’s also worth noting that if you link your social accounts to Xbox, you can share your party finder post through other platforms to increase the likelihood that other online players will see your post.
Now that you know some of the scenarios where the find groups feature can be useful and what it can do, let’s see how to use it to find online players for your favorite multiplayer games.
To start using Party Finder on Xbox One or Series X|S to find online players, follow these steps:
- Download the game you want to find online players.
- With the game loaded, press the Xbox button to open the guide menu.
- Highlight the tab game activity and select Group search.
- Select if you want to connect to a pre-existing position for your downloaded game Search all messages for this game; otherwise select Create a position.
- to go Add a description Where Add tags for your message.
- Change your preference Day, Time to start the party, Players were neededand Language.
- choose To send to send an online player request.
Depending on the preferences you set for the post, the post will be visible to other players who want to play your chosen game, and you should never have online players for your multiplayer game.
However, since these messages can be public and you can interact with more unknown players on the Xbox network, it may be useful to learn how to block and report users on Xbox consoles and the Xbox mobile app just in case. Join your Xbox game.
Control your multiplayer experience on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S
By using Party Finder on Xbox, you can ensure you have a consistent way to find online players for your favorite multiplayer games. At the same time, you can also control your preferences for the type of online players you socialize with or play with.
You can also manage your Xbox multiplayer experience by reviewing other settings, such as turning off cross-play, to improve and protect your Xbox online experience.