Which one to choose? ▷ Comparison
Looking for a powerful and capable gaming console, but PS5 is out of stock and are you tempted by PS4? Look no further! PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro are two great options for demanding gamers. So what are the differences between these two models? Discover the full comparison of PS4 and PS4 Pro and choose the one that best suits your gaming needs!
Don’t have time to read? Here is a video Graphics comparison between ps4, ps4 pro and ps5 ! What do you think about it?
Features of the original PS4
PlayStation 4 is an 8th generation console that was released in 2013 and won over gamers with its solid performance and impressive game library. With 1.84 TFLOPS of computing powercan run the latest titles with quality graphics.
Key features of the original PS4 include:
- AMD Jaguar processor Note: The PS4’s processor is slightly less powerful than the PS4 Pro.
- GPUs Note: The PS4’s GPU is less powerful than the PS4 Pro, which means the graphics aren’t as detailed and the resolution is slightly lower.
- Image capability : PS4 supports Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), but not 4K.
- Storage : Available on PS4 500 GB or 1 TB versions.
The PS4 slim version smaller and lighter than the original PS4With up to 1TB of storage space. It offers the same performance as the original PS4, but in a more compact format
PS4 Pro Features
PlayStation Pro is an improved version of PS4 released in 2016. 4.2 TFLOPS of computing powerallows Play in 4K and enjoy more detailed and realistic graphics. If you have a 4K TV or a good gaming setup, the PS4 Pro is the perfect choice for an immersive gaming experience.
Good to know: By comparison: PlayStation 5 has power 10.28 TFLOPS,
The PS4 Pro comes with several improvements over the original PS4, including:
- Improved AMD Jaguar processor : The PS4 Pro’s processor is faster than the PS4, which makes this possible better performance and better graphics.
- more powerful GPU The PS4 Pro’s GPU (graphics processing unit) is also more powerful than the PS4, which means more detailed graphicss and a better solution.
- 4K and HDR support : PS4 Pro is able to support 4K resolutionas well as HDR (High Dynamic Range), which allows you to enjoy content with higher image quality.
- Larger storage : Available on PS4 Pro v1 TB versionthis means it has more storage space than the original PS4 (500GB or 1TB).
In terms of design, the PS4 Pro and the original PS4 are quite similar. They both have a clean, modern design, with a plastic shell and an embossed PlayStation logo. However, The PS4 Pro is slightly larger and heavier than the original PS4.
Dimensions and weight
The dimensions and weight of each console are:
- PS4 Pro : 325 x 265 x 55 mm, 3.3 kg
- original ps4 : 275 x 53 x 305 mm, 2.8 kg
As you can see, the PS4 Pro is slightly bigger and heavier than the original PS4. However, this difference is quite minor and shouldn’t affect your purchasing decision too much.
Which is the quietest and most energy efficient?
When it comes to noise and power consumption, the PS4 Pro is slightly noisier and consumes slightly more electricity than the regular PS4. However, this difference is quite minimal and few players will notice a significant difference.
- PS4 :
- Noise level: relatively low
- Energy consumption: 250 watts
- PS4 Pro :
- Noise Level: Slightly louder than PS4
- Energy consumption: 310 watts
PS4 pro compatible 4K and HDR
PS4 Pro can be supported 4K resolution and HDR, which means you can enjoy content with higher picture quality on a compatible TV. And the original PS4 does not support 4K and HDR. If there is a 4K TV and if you want to take full advantage of this technology, the PS4 Pro might be a good choice.
When it comes to graphics quality, the PS4 Pro is slightly better than the original PS4. Thanks to him more powerful processor and GPUable to work with more detailed graphics and higher resolution.
However, it’s important to note that the performance difference between the two consoles may not be as significant as you think. Most graphics in games won’t be drastically different between the two consoles.
PS4 Pro and Virtual Reality (VR)
Is the PS4 Pro a better choice for virtual reality (VR)? Basically, yes. PS4 Pro is capable of more detailed graphics and higher resolution, which could be betteran even more immersive VR experience. However, it is important to note the original PS4 and PS4 slim are also compatible with PlayStation VR and can provide a quality VR experience. If you’re interested in VR, the PS4 Pro might be a good choice, but you should also consider other consoles in the lineup.
PS4 Pro or PS5?
You also hesitate between PS4 Pro and PS5 ? It’s not easy to decide, but here’s what you need to know: The PS5 is Sony’s latest gaming console, with next-level performance and new features. support for ultra-fast loading and raytracing.
As you know, PS4 Pro, on the other hand, is an upgraded version of PS4 with slightly better graphics and the ability to play in 4K. If you a tough player looking for the best gaming experience possible, PS5 is an obvious choice. But if you’re happy with your current PS4 and just want to upgrade your gaming experience a bit, the PS4 Pro might be a good option for you.
So that, Is the PS4 Pro really worth it? It depends on your needs and budget. If you already have an original PS4 and are happy with its performance, you may not need to upgrade to Pro. However, if you are looking for a better gaming experience or 4K monitor and if you want to take full advantage of this technology, PS4 Pro can be a good choice!